How to Prepare for Intravenous Sedation
- Abstain from eating and drinking for 8 hours before your surgery.
- Don’t smoke for 12 hours before the procedure.
- You’ll need someone to take you to the office, stay there during the procedure, and take you home afterward.
- You won’t be able to operate machinery or drive a car for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Wear comfortable clothes and flat shoes. Your sleeves need to be loose enough to allow you to roll them up.
- Remove your dentures, jewelry, and contacts before the procedure.
- Don’t apply makeup or nail polish for your appointment.
- Let us know if you have any ongoing health problems, like a sore throat, runny nose, or upset stomach.
- If you’re taking any medication, disclose this to Dr. Tsvetov before the day of the procedure.