If you’re planning to have All-on-4 dental implants placed by an expert in Temecula, CA, you’re probably wondering what the recovery will be like. What can you expect once the surgery is done? When will you feel like yourself again? And is there a way to speed up the healing process?
You can talk to your specialist to find out exactly what to expect following the procedure. Also, read on for a helpful guide through the stages of recovery as well as some expert tips on facilitating the process.
How long does it take for All-on-4 dental implants to feel normal?
If you have failing teeth, getting dental implants is one of the best decisions you can make for your health. They’ll feel just like your own natural teeth and, with proper care, they may last a lifetime. But the time immediately following the procedure can be a little uncomfortable.
You can expect some swelling and a dull ache to appear once the anaesthetic wears off. This discomfort will probably peak in about two days and last for up to a week. It can be managed with medication prescribed by your doctor. You’ll be able to return to your normal activities a couple of days after the procedure.
How long does All-on-4 take to heal?
Since implant placement surgery is minimally invasive, the healing process is rather straightforward. In general, patients complete their All-on-4 treatment in three to six months total. The healing process will then be over and you’ll be able to enjoy all the benefits of your top-quality dental implants.
How can I make my All-on-4 dental implants heal faster?
Some discomfort is perfectly normal in the days immediately following the procedure and the healing process normally lasts a few months. The best thing to do is wait it out and let it run its course. However, there are some things that you can do to help it along:
- Don’t rinse your mouth or spit in the days following the surgery.
- After that, you should start rinsing with warm salt water rinses regularly.
- To allow for proper healing, you shouldn’t touch the wound at all.
- You can reduce swelling by using an ice pack. Apply it for a few minutes, then take a break.
- You shouldn’t be worried if there’s some light bleeding within the first day. However, contact your doctor immediately if there’s excessive bleeding.
- Rest for a few days after the procedure.
- For the first three to four months after the procedure, patients need to be on a soft, non-chew diet. Your doctor will then examine you to make sure that your All-on-4 implants are stable. If everything checks out, you’ll be able to resume eating normally.
- Reach out to your doctor if you suspect something might be wrong.
Who’s the most knowledgeable specialist in All-on-4 dental implants in Temecula, CA?
Dr.Tsvetov at Temecula Center for Wisdom Teeth & Dental Implants is one of the most trusted specialists in All-on-4 and individual dental implants in Hemet and the rest of Riverside County. He uses meticulous, precision-based methods to bring patients lasting positive outcomes. With his sympathetic and patient-focused approach, you’ll be as comfortable as can be.
Feel free to contact us and schedule your initial evaluation, which is free for most procedures. Your doctor will examine your condition to design a custom solution, whether that’s teeth-in-a-day or another intervention. He’ll walk you through the procedure itself as well as the phases of the recovery process. Also, he’ll develop an aftercare plan to help you go through the post-op stage with ease. Get a pearly white smile with zero stress!