The placement of All-on-4 dental implants is a cutting-edge method that can restore functionality even when a patient has lost most or all of their teeth. Patients are often interested in the differences between this technique and other available methods. Before you make the final decision, it’s important to explore your options carefully.
Read on to find out more about this procedure and how it differs from wearing dentures or placing traditional implants. Then you can contact a skilled expert in dental implants in Temecula, go over your treatment plan with them, and get a comfortable and aesthetically pleasing solution to the issue of failing teeth.
Is All-on-4 better than dentures?
The answer to this question is simple and it’s a resounding yes. All-on-4 dental implants offer a set of features that are unmatched by conventional dentures. Both options are recommended to patients who are in the terminal dentition stage, which means all teeth in their upper arch, lower arch, or both are non-salvageable. However, the similarities end here. All-on-4 is superior to dentures in multiple ways, including:
- All-on-4 implants dramatically improve your chewing capacity compared to dentures.
- Because they’re fixed, there’s no need to take them out or use adhesives.
- You get enhanced comfort as they don’t put pressure on the gums like dentures do.
- While dentures can slip out of position, implants allow you to speak and smile just as you would with real teeth.
- They’re just as simple to clean as natural teeth whereas dentures are harder to maintain.
- Unlike dentures, they prevent bone loss in the jaw.
- They restore facial features that were affected by tooth loss.
What is the difference between All-on-4 and traditional implants?
Both options are reliable, fully functional, and natural-looking, but there are a few differences:
- Traditional implants can replace a single missing tooth, several of them, or a full arch. All-on-4 implants are only used when most or all of the patient’s teeth are failing.
- With the traditional method, a patient needs six, eight, or more implants to get a full arch restored. All-on-4, on the other hand, uses only four.
- The All-on-4 procedure doesn’t usually require bone grafting, which may not be the case with other implants. Your specialist places the configuration at an angle to maximize the natural support provided by the bone.
What are the benefits of All-on-4 dental implants?
The bottom line: This procedure has a wide range of benefits, from giving patients more chewing power to making them look younger by supporting the face.
Their qualities make them a particularly beneficial alternative to dentures. They eliminate the problem of slippage, difficulty speaking, and cleaning challenges.
While similar to traditional implants in all respects, they’re the preferred option for patients who’ve lost most of their teeth and have retained bone health.
Who is the leading specialist in All-on-4 dental implants in the Temecula area?
If you’re struggling with uncomfortable and impractical dentures, having implants placed by a reputable expert will help. Schedule your free one-on-one consultation with Dr. Tsvetov at Temecula Center for Wisdom Teeth & Dental Implants. He has performed more All-on-4 dental procedures than any other expert in Temecula, Wildomar, and the nearby region.
Thanks to your doctor’s unparalleled knowledge of prosthodontics and extensive experience in the field, you can rest assured that the end result will meet your expectations. He’ll design a tailored solution for you, explain the basics of All-on-4 implants, and tell you what to expect during recovery. You’ll also be informed about available anesthesia options and aftercare requirements. Give us a call and get a step closer to leading a more fulfilling life!