Schedule a consultation with a renowned emergency oral surgeon
If you are looking for a knowledgeable professional for an emergency tooth extraction in Temecula, contact Doctor Dmitry Tsvetov. As a renowned oral surgeon with experience in dental extractions, implant placement, and ortho serial extractions, he is able to provide you with safe and stress-free procedures in Temecula and the area.
When you schedule a consultation at Temecula Center for Wisdom Teeth & Dental Implants, Dr. Tsvetov may determine that a same-day tooth extraction is the best option for you if you are dealing with a severely decayed or broken tooth, poor teeth positioning, or periodontal disease. If that is the case, he will carefully evaluate your situation before removing the tooth and suggest the best option for replacement to prevent teeth shifting, jaw joint, and chewing issues. Contact Doctor Tsvetov now to schedule a consultation for your dental emergency in Temecula.
We bring you stress-free emergency teeth extractions
The procedure of an emergency dental extraction goes much in the same way as regular extractions. Dr. Tsvetov will take steps to minimize your discomfort, using a local anesthetic to numb your teeth, jaw, and gums. This makes the procedure painless, but you may still feel some pressure while your tooth socket is widened. Make sure to let Dr. Tsvetov know if you feel any pain during the procedure in Temecula. We want to make your tooth extraction experience as stress-free and possible, and we’ll offer you a number of anesthesia options to choose from.
Why choose us for emergency extractions
Comprehensive dental solutions
Temecula Center for Wisdom Teeth & Dental Implants is the place to be whether you need safe and efficient emergency extractions of wisdom teeth or ortho premolar procedures in Temecula. No matter your situation, you can depend on Doctor Tsvetov to perform a thorough examination of your dental health before tailoring the solution to your needs. We bring you:
- Free cone beam scans & X-rays
- Comprehensive teeth examination
- Consultation on your clinical situation
- Reviewing your treatment options
- Addressing your concerns and questions
- Reviewing your medical history and medication treatment
The leading emergency oral surgeon in Temecula
Doctor Dmitry Tsvetov is an ABOMS and AAOMS certified oral surgeon offering expertise-based emergency dental extractions in Temecula and across Riverside County. Whether you need an emergency ortho serial extraction or a wisdom tooth extraction, you can rely on him to perform the procedure while keeping your best interests in mind. It is our goal to provide you with comprehensive dental care that minimizes discomfort and brings you maximum benefits. Schedule a free consultation at Temecula Center for Wisdom Teeth & Dental Implants today.
Frequently Asked Questions
An emergency tooth extraction is a procedure where a single tooth or multiple teeth are removed as efficiently as possible, often on the same day, in order to prevent the risk of complications. Your emergency dentist in Temecula may perform the procedure if you have a fractured, abscessed or infected tooth that has caused pain and swelling around your face and jaw.
A dental emergency may happen when a patient waits too long to have their teeth checked, which results in their overall dental health being compromised. For instance, an abscessed or infected tooth may begin spreading across the surrounding tissue if not promptly treated. The infection spreading can be particularly dangerous for patients with weak immune systems, as this enables the infection to spread faster and potentially affect the patient’s breathing.
To avoid this, Doctor Tsvetov will perform a safe and efficient emergency extraction procedure and recommend a dental implant as a replacement to restore the health and appearance of your teeth. Contact our Temecula office to learn more about our replacement options.
If you are unsure whether you should contact an emergency oral surgeon in Temecula, look out of the following signs:
- Pain and discomfort: if one or more of your teeth are infected or decayed, there is a good chance that you’ll experience substantial discomfort or pain. This is particularly true if the interior tooth root and crevices are reached by bacteria.
- Injury or trauma: emergency dental extractions are often needed when a patient injures their teeth. For instance, your tooth may crack or become loose if you have suffered a hit.
- Gum swelling: if you notice swelling appearing around your gums, it is likely that you’ll need to have the tooth extracted. If gum disease is allowed to advance, your gums may recede and expose the root to infection and decay.
- Overcrowded teeth: feeling pain while chewing can be an indication of overcrowded teeth that may need to be extracted. Contact Doctor Tsvetov as soon as possible to prevent complications.
Emergency extractions of wisdom teeth can usually be done in a single day. The procedure may last anywhere between 30 and 60 minutes, and you can expect to be in our office in Temecula for about 90 minutes.
At Temecula Center for Wisdom Teeth & Dental Implants, we rely on the latest advances in technology and medicine to help promote rapid healing and minimize discomfort after the procedure. On the day of your emergency tooth extraction, you will be provided with medication to help reduce postoperative pain and swelling. In addition, we also use cutting edge infection control and sterilization techniques to prevent complications.
While an emergency tooth extraction can eliminate one problem, it can also cause a new complication. When a tooth is extracted, it may lead to various issues with jaw join and teeth shifting that might affect your chewing ability and damage your overall dental health. To combat this, your oral surgeon can provide you with a beneficial replacement option, usually a high-quality dental implant.
In order to determine the best possible way to restore the appearance and function of your teeth, Doctor Tsvetov will carefully analyze your situation and recommend a suitable long-term solution. Make sure to call our office in Temecula to learn more about our emergency dental extractions. We’ll answer any questions you may have and help you make an informed decision.
The recovery process after an emergency tooth extraction entails the process of forming a blood clot that stops the bleeding. To facilitate the healing process, take the following steps:
- Bite on a piece of gauze for about 30 to 45 minutes after the extraction. Repeat the process if the oozing or bleeding persists.
- Avoid brushing and rinsing your teeth vigorously and do not smoke, drink alcohol, or exercise for about three days after the procedure. This will prevent disturbing or dislodging the formed blood clot.
- Some pain and swelling are to be expected after a tooth has been extracted. You can apply an ice pack or a bag of frozen vegetables/fruit on the affected area to minimize the discomfort.
- Make sure to follow the instructions for the pain medication you were prescribed. If you are instructed to take antibiotics, use them for the entirety of the prescribed time period even if you don’t notice any signs of infection.
- Eat soft foods and drink plenty of fluids after your tooth extraction to avoid dislodging the blood clot.
- We recommend continuing your daily dental routine about 24 hours after the procedure. This should include daily brushing and flossing that help facilitate the healing process and keep your teeth clean.
- In the case of severe pain, excessive swelling, profuse bleeding, or any other uncomfortable or unexpected reactions to your medication after 2-3 days, make sure to call Dr. Tsvetov immediately.
Doctor Dmitry Tsvetov is your best choice if you are looking for an emergency dentist or oral surgeon in Temecula and Riverside County. As a renowned specialist with years of experience, can provide you with reliable and affordable emergency tooth extractions and high-quality dental implant placement solutions to improve the functionality and aesthetics of your teeth. At Temecula Center for Wisdom Teeth & Dental Implants, we offer everything from stress-free wisdom teeth removal to industry-leading all-on-4 dental implants. Schedule your free consultation now and make the best decision for your dental health.